Remember me? No? It’s okay neither do I. I took way too long of a time away from blogging trying to get settled into Texas. But the good news is, I am back and like ten times more knowledgeable than before.
Let me update you really quick on my life. I am now a NASM certified personal trainer and fitness nutrition specialist. I work as a personal trainer at a 24 hour fitness near my house and as a nutrition consultant for Complete Nutrition. I am still here with my roommate and a ton has changed!
Before I was following an insanely strict diet. It didn’t seem that way on the surface, but I was a calorie restricting and counting obsessed little dork. I would restrict myself so much and thought so many foods were off limits that I would often find myself binging on the weekends and not able to recover from them. I fell off the bandwagon hard.
After some time I finally figured out that something needed to change. I had no energy for the gym, I was miserable with all the weight I was gaining, and I was so unhappy with my relationship with food it was almost ridiculous. I then decided to stop dieting. Not in the classic sense where I just started to eat whatever I wanted. Instead, I turned to an If It Fits Your Macros lifestyle. Yes, I still track what goes into my body. Calories, protein, fat, carbs. But instead of seeing food as clean and unclean, I just saw it as fuel. I eat about 80% paleo and “healthy” unprocessed food. But the other 20% after I’ve hit my micronutrients and fiber, I let myself eat whatever it is I am craving that day as long as it fits into my macros. Most days I find myself not really craving anything so I’ll just have a healthy snack before bed. Other days I want chocolate or poptarts. But now that I follow a flexible diet, those things don’t make me feel bad anymore. I’m finally starting to have the best body of my entire life. I’m happy and healthy. My performance and strength in the gym is just soaring. I bust through every plateau without batting an eyelash. And for once I can see myself living this way, eating this way for the rest of my life.
My goal is to be healthy, number 1. Obviously, I want to look the part too. I finally do now thanks to flexible dieting. I am also becoming a more well-rounded athlete. I lift about 6 days a week, one of those days is Crossfit. I do yoga as many times as I can fit into my schedule. And I lift heavy. I am constantly pushing myself to move the heaviest weight my body can handle. I love the challenge. Guess what? I have become leaner doing that. Not even remotely bulky. I am currently just shredding down. 🙂
Now that I have updated you on basically everything that you guys probably care about for now, let me move on to the title of this post. I am obsessed with Cellucor products. My love and rantings of that love could go on for multiple posts. My absolute favorite product of theirs is their COR Performance Whey. Taste is amazeballs and it is one of the best proteins I have ever used.
So I am going to be doing a cooking series using their protein. 🙂 No, before you ask, they didn’t ask me to do this, or really know that I am doing it. But I’ve been coming up with so many recipes lately and being asked for the recipes on Instagram; I figured I would just start to post them here along with more daily rants and recipes. I’ve been a beast in the kitchen lately and can’t wait to share all those eats with you guys!
For any of you that actually still read this blog, thank you. For those coming back, THANKS! I am excited to get started again. This is something that meant a lot to me and it needs to find a way back into my life.
If you have any questions post in the comments and I will try to answer them all! I’ll do a more in depth post on IIFYM to explain it a bit better.
Keep an eye out for Sunday/Monday! I have a new amazing recipe coming your way for all of you who like cereal for breakfast. 🙂